301 N Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007 – Phone: (626) 821-3222
If you or someone you know is a nature/bird lover, the The Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden will be a visit to paradise on your weekend or day-off.
Upon entry to The Arboretum, you see and hear the dramatic calls of the numerous Peacocks. Their sounds fill the location and add an extra dimension of mystery and wilderness.
The house made famous from the 80’s television show Fantasy Island also resides within The Arboretum. Its delicate craftsmanship is made accessible to onlookers.
Further along in this park is a greenhouse, herb/vegetable garden, ceramic statutes, and more birds.
Tips for going:
– Try going on an off-day when it’s less crowded. Your senses will thank you as you’ll further appreciate the sounds of this natural masterpiece.
– Bring water, a hat and sunscreen.
– Give yourself and/or traveling campaigns at least 2 hours or more to sink in this experience.
– Snacks and water available in the Gift Shop.
– Bird lovers, bring binoculars – watch the Peacocks interact with mating and caution calls (at a distance to respect these creatures).
– Public restroom friendly. Clean and wheelchair accessible. I found the bathrooms at the opening of the park.
– Adequate parking (on non-busy days).
Your artist will love you for taking them here. A beautiful environment full of trees, flowers, shrubs and birds of many kinds.
Artist Date is a term coined from Julia Cameron’s ‘The Artist’s Way.’ The Other Path is in no way affiliated with The Artist Way (but we do love Ms. Cameron’s books).